Do you vote? Why, or why not? What would it take to change your mind (to either vote or stop voting)? Provide three reasons why you do or do not vote and three things that would cause you to change your mind.
Prepare: Read Chapters 9 and 10 in Environmental Policies and all required resources as listed in the Student Course Guide.
Answer the questions from “Introducing Comparative Politics/Fourth Edition” by Orvis and Drogus.(Page numbers are given)
1. p.123 How could we best determine if contemporary extreme right parties such as the National Front are neo-fascist? What core principles would we look for to determine this?
2. p.128 Compare the Brazilian case with box above on one party regime in Tanzania. What common elements and what differences do you see? Does it make sense to think of them both as modernizing authoritarian?
3. p.131 What elements of neopatrimonial authority to you see in Abachas regime? How do you think a country can best begin to move away from this type of rule?
Then pick answer one of the following case questions:
Electoral authoritarian regimes base their legitimacy on a combination of democratic and nondemocratic claims. What were the most important bases of legitimacy for the PRI led regime and how democratic were those claims?
Do formal or informal institutions seem more important in understanding the key elements of Mexicos regime? Why?
What are the democratic elements in Irans theocratic regime? Do they matter?
Does it make sense to categorize the Iranian regime as theocratic or should it be considered electoral authoritarian. Why?
– Need it by Sunday at 11 pm in Pacific Time Zone
Looking for someone to write a paper in Political Science. 7-10 pages (preferably 8-10). There is a choice between 3 topics (see document attached).
Explain how a liberal and conservative would approach developing the US budget. Use evidence (cite sources) to support your response from assigned readings or online lessons, and at least one outside scholarly source.
I recommend starting from the perspective of someone of those opposite ideologies, addressing specific welfare programs. Rather than pointing out anecdotal examples, dig deeper into some research and educate us!
Addresses all aspects of the initial discussion question(s), applying experiences, knowledge.
– Finish by 2/2 at 10 pm in Pacific Time Zone