PPT Presentation Instructions
GEOG101 Final Project
Assignment Objective: Develop an audio-narrated PowerPoint presentation based on the research conducted in the attached Annotated Bibliography and Outline.
*I will do the audio-narration after you complete the PPT and submit it to me.
Assignment Instructions: Using the attached Annotated Bibliography and Outline to develop the presentation. The Annotated Bibliography and Outline are attached. You will use these documents to complete this presentation.
- This presentation will be submitted as an audio-narrated PowerPoint. I will auto-narrate it upon receiving it back from you.
- There must be both text (in concise phrases) and visual elements (e.g., photos, videos, graphs, figures). You must include at least 2 relevant maps.
- Must contain approx. 10-12 slides (including references) and run 6-9 minutes.
- Less than 10% of your presentation should be direct quotes.
- Proper use and pronunciation of geographic terminology are required.
- Be sure to properly cite your work, both internal to the presentation as well as within the reference slide (this includes photos, graphs, figures, videos, etc.).
- All references listed on the reference slide should be cited internally within the presentation, and vice versa.
Required elements: Your presentation should contain the following elements in the order listed below. Specific content for each section is detailed in attached Outline.
- Introduction– this section must contain your topic, why you chose your topic, and preview where your topic developed and diffused to.
- Body (Content)– this section must contain examine how your topic relates to four geographic concepts: regions, cultural landscapes, diffusion and distance decay.
- Conclusion Slide– this section must contain four to six points that sum up the main topics of the presentation.
- Reference Slide (and Internal Citations)– this section must contain the following:
- Internal citations– This is not just a separate section; rather, referencing should occur throughout the presentation via parenthetical citations anytime you paraphrase, make direct quotes, or use visual components from other sources. Please be sure to cite any language, images, videos, etc. in the presentation.
- Reference Slide– Your paper should also have a final reference slide listing at least 5 credible sources researched for your presentation.
- Do not include your summary from the Annotated Bibliography; simply list the references utilized in your presentation in APA format on the reference slide.